Re: shift rod Q

I'm not going to say anything about *my* Dad's rod here, but all the shifter rods I have in the garage are bent slightly and help avoid cables and such by dooing so....................Bottom of the hand brake and such.........................I am sure there's more to it than just "bent" but they are definitely not straight.

ok i know that if the shit rod is bent, it has too go (cause it gets shorter >ect.) but when it gets bent does it bend in one place or has anyone seen it >make a U (like this --~-- hope you know what i mean) cause my dads rod was >bent a bit, but in one place, but I took mine out and wow its bent, but when >you look down it the front is lined up to the back, regardless of the U in >the center, jsut curious if there are and rods that arent supposed to be >straight, cause this shifted fine and it almost looks like a calculated >bend? >I know i sound like a newb, but I havent seen one bent like this and >wondering if Im jsut crazy :-P > >Xyclone > >

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

It's supposed to be bent!!!! To clear the handbrake assembly etc.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson