Rear Apron -- Meshing a New Clip

Howdy.

We have a 1960 that's soon going to start it's winter revival program.

This car has been chopped right at the apron panel.

Any pointers on how to line everything up from a donor panel? ( I know time and measurement are the first steps)....

Looking for alignment tricks...

I'm guessing one of the first steps is to install the rear deck.

Warm Regards.

Timmy

Reply to
MN AirHead

you're guessing right =-) a set of good straight german fenders can help as well.if you are straight on the decklid and fenders....by golly you are straight....take measurements....and tack it in a couple spots. Measure and check alignment of all relevent panels again very carefully and weld. If you have the engine in (not really reccomended due) check the breast plate for fit. Basically when replacing any body panel use all abutting panels to check fit and alignment.

...Gareth `

Reply to
Gary Tateosian