Removing Molding clips

I know there's a trick to removing the clips without breaking them or damaging the body. Any one remember?

tia,

Reply to
Mel P.

The plastic ones? They have a tiny plastic pin in the center; punch the pin in IIRC and the clip will come out. Have to make new pins later:-(

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim is right and if you have access to the inside you can catch the pin and reuse it. Dealer gets about $1.00 per clip I'm told. I used to buy them @ $0.03 each decades ago. So save them if you can! ;-)

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Reply to
Cletus

Hm, thats expensive. They look like the ones on my Golf from 1990...... maybe they fit... anyone...? bye MIC

Reply to
MIC

There were basically 2 types of plastic clips for the aircooled Beetles, fat for the earlier types up to 65 or so and then the skinny ones for 66/67 on up. The skinny ones were also used on the Rabbits and Jettas too, but I am not sure about the A2s. :-(