Re: sausage gravy and biscuits...

...all this talk about Tim and health made me start thinking about my

>cholesterol level....since I don't know what its at It must be >ok....so in that spirit I decided to try and raise it a little this >morning... Just made up a batch of biscuits and a pan full of sausage >gravy....mmmmmmm..... > > >Gareth >

What ? No grits to go with that ?

Randy

RSMEINER

That's bigger than my dinner!

Reply to
Howard Rose

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 15:10:18 +0100, Howard Rose left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

It's not as big as the 9 (NINE) biscuits Gary made and the one POUND of sausage he put into the sausage gravy he made, though... :-O

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

...ummm nope. I'm a damn yankee...I'll do sausage gravy, but grits is pushing things a little far.

Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

OK, I give up... what exactly is "Sausage Gravy"? And biscuits? Is that like the US "cookie"? That's what biscuit is in the UK anyway (biscuit = cookie) :-)

Reply to
Howard Rose

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 11:10:51 -0400, travis left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

For those of you deprived of such fine cuisine, check out one of my favorite recipe pages here. The third link down will show you how to make cat-head biscuits...

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

On 12 Sep 2003 15:31:50 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comIdiot (RSMEINER) left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Yeah, if you cook them right they're awesome. Gotta cook them long enough for them to get kinda creamy, then add in plenty of cheese and butter and salt and pepper. YUM!

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

Had some at a Cracker Barrel a few weeks ago that had kind of a sweet taste to them. They were great with a little salt & pepper.

Randy

RSMEINER

Now that looks like a scone without the raisins :-) Not sure if it would taste like one though. But it looks nice!

"Biscuits" (cookie) 's in the UK aren't usually sweet... some are, some aren't. You can buy a "cookie" from the supermaket - a big gooey floppy biscuit type thing with chocolate bits in

Reply to
Howard Rose

This is what a Southerner looks like that was raised on biscuits and gravy.

Yup, that is me. I just love biscuits and sausage gravy and eggs and bacon and grits and molasses and redeye gravy and pancakes and grape jelly and .........and ......and ....... and.....LOL!!!!!

Reply to
TerryB

I went to cracker barrel for lunch and had biscuits and gravy solely because of this thread. :p

Those things are the fast road to a big midsection, and I am so stuffed I can barely move, but it is some seriously good eatin'.

Reply to
Seth Graham

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 09:28:25 -0400, Gary Tateosian scribbled this interesting note:

That ain't nuthin'. This mornin' I fixed up a batch of homemade buttermilk pancakes with maple syrup and sausage and eggs and New Orleans style chicory coffee!:~)

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On 12 Sep 2003 18:39:57 GMT, Seth Graham left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

I love their "Country Boy Breakfast" which happens to include biscuits and sausage gravy...and grits...and steak...and hashbrowns....and 3 eggs...and fried apples....and...and...and...

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

Damn you.

Randy

RSMEINER

I'm hungry!!! LOL

Reply to
TerryB

Big 'ol biscuits and sausage gravy are the standard for breakfast here in Mayberry, at the Snappy Lunch. Andy and Barney liked it..Snoop around the link below and discover the Pork Chop sandwich for lunch.

Freddy

travis wrote:

Reply to
Freddy Badgett

On 12 Sep 2003 19:35:46 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comIdiot (RSMEINER) scribbled this interesting note:

A friend of ours got us hooked on Cafe du Monde when she took up to New Orleans (where she grew up) for Jazz Fest a few years ago. Nothing like CDM and those fancy, but odd looking doughnuts they sell there, at about 2:00 in the morning!:~)

Ever since then we buy one of three different varieties of chicory coffee that we can buy that actually comes from Louisiana. After drinking that stuff, everything else just tastes like weak hot tea, especially the way we make it!:~)

I think you can have CDM shipped to you. I'm not certain since we've never had to resort to that kind of extreme measure, but you might check it out...

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:02:51 -0500, John Willis left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

My house is about 1/2 mile from a Starbucks. I've only been there one time the whole time I've lived here. I like regular ol' coffee. Not all that fancy schmancy stuff. Of course I also like Old Milwaukee beer.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

Nothing fancy about chicory coffee. It's just good.

Randy

RSMEINER

I lived in New Orleans for awhile. Loved the coffee but pretty much hated the rest of the city. My parents used to travel up from Florida every year and would stop off and pick me up about 25-30# of good Community Chicory coffee. Damn, them were the good old days.

Randy

RSMEINER