True about Phillips gas?

My local station here in GA (his name really is Bubba) has a note on the register stating that when we buy Phillips, we're buying American
gas ONLY. Not a protectionist, but I would prefer to give Americans $, all other factors being equal...
snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (pmbedard) wrote:

If that's the phillips oil company I know (Conoco / Phillips) , then he knows something the Phillips company doesn't know. They have sites all over the world and nowhere in their public record do they make such a claim.

.....................It's a cheap marketing trick.
Tim wrote:

Speaking of gas, the price was around $1.46 3 weeks or so ago, and today I saw it for $1.73 for reg, and 1.93 for the Suburbans and Durangos.
If a Beetle gets 30 mpg on regular gas and a Suburban gets 13 mpg on premium driving 15000 miles a year, you would save $1370 per year by driving the the Beetle. at todays prices.
Bill Berckman Cincinnati VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures http://community.webshots.com/album/91342080bjsyXI
Quit complaining about prices! In the UK we pay the equivalent of nearly $5 a gallon! (I just worked this out).
Graham
True - but a "cross-country" trip sure uses alot less gas.
Jere

$5
in article bvqfhv$2jdv$ snipped-for-privacy@godfrey.mcc.ac.uk, Graham Dinsdale at snipped-for-privacy@hehe.com wrote on 2/4/04 1:55 AM:

The English Imperial galoon is 1/5th more than ours. -Rich

1 gallon [UK] = 1.2009499 gallon [US, liquid] 1 gallon [US, liquid] = 0.8326742 gallon [UK]
--
Dan
73 RHD STD Bug

$5
1 gallon [US, liquid] = 3.7854118 liter What is the going rate per liter in the UK?
--
Dan
73 RHD STD Bug