So...

HI all. Ha ha. Well I was painting some stuff on my bug with good ol' POR-15 yesterday and was unaware that a hole had formed in on of the rubber gloves I was wearing. It was a messy job and the paint got all over my gloves and in turn my hand without me knowing it. Didn't feel it seeping in... Just posting to see if anybody out there has successfuly removed this stuff once it's dry. I doubt it, but, heck, might as well ask! Chisel? Jackhammer? What do you think about wearing gloves to my job interview next week? I'm proly SOL, but had to check! =) Feel free to make fun of me.

Steve

Reply to
powdermonkey9980

...........I've never been able to get rid of all of it but sand paper will remove the outer layer of skin along with at least some of the POR15. Just go slowly and stop before blood starts appearing.........lol

.......I think that acetone will soften it but I'd be afraid to have any prolonged skin contact with it. It took it off of my wedding ring once but maybe the rubbing with a scouring pad would have worked without the acetone anyway.

........If it's just for an interview, maybe your wife/girlfriend has some makeup that would hide it temporarily.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Ha-Ha!

:)

Been there, done that ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Yup, sounds familiar other than that I switched from POR to Rustbullet. My thumb is grey as I type :)

I use this orange smelling waterless/water added hand cleaner on sale at BJs. It also has some gritty substance in it. With a nail brush, you can get a lot off or at least weaken so it takes a lot less time to wear off.

Remco

Reply to
Remco

The sandpaper method has always worked well (enough) for me most times. A similar alternate method has been a Dremel tool with a medium grit sanding drum. The small cordless Dremel on low speed has done wonders for me in the past. :o)

Reply to
Mike64Bug

My worst ever with por 15 was the time I sat in small puddle of it and my coveralls and underpants were stuck to my arse! . All of us have gotten black hand syndrome using POR-15. Good stuff but nasty on the skin! Get it off as soon as you get it on!

Wild Bill Tucker Pensacola, Fl

Wild Bill

LOL!! To sandpaper your ass couldn't have been fun.

Btw, thanks for not sharing pix, Bill :)

Reply to
Remco

Ha ha ha ha! Yeah.... Just hands here. I hope. Thanks for the replies. I've been vigorously scrubbing my hands every time I think of it and the stuff seems to be weakening and more and more comes off each time. Should be good come interview time! =) Happy Easter!

Steve

Reply to
BratscheMan

I had the coveralls and skivies cut away and the wife really had fun doing that! She was laughing so hard that I thought for sure she was going to pull a Lorena Bobbit on me!! Well the Por-15 bandaid finally "fell " off in about a week or so. I wish I had some photos but then again NOT!! LOL.

Wild Bill Tucker Pensacola, Fl

Wild Bill

Next time you have to use a decent pair of gloves or maybe not. Now you learn how to make you wife laugh LOL The first time is usually funnier ;-)

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu