Steering/parking brake for sandrail??

Anyone have any good ideas on how to fabricate and install a combination steering brake and parking brake on a tube framed sandrail? Emergency brake cables are history and I don't know what year the transaxle is - I'd guess

61 - 66. Don't know if the cables are interchangeable. You used to be able to buy a set of steering brake levers that would attach to the hand brake, but I haven't seen one for ages. And I don't have a mount for the handbrake!

Any and all ideas appreciated. I want to get it street legal! snipped-for-privacy@ccim.net

Reply to
glenf

Probably the quickest and easiest way would be to use a hydraulic turning brake and a "park loc" inline. Allthough I hear alot of bitching about the park loc units giving troubles (staying locked, not locking at all, etc.).

As far as I know the old manual setups are not available but you could fab one your self. Seeing as its a rail you pretty much have to start from scratch anyway so It would be a matter of creating you very own unit.

Good luck, there have been some conversations about these brake setups over at Shoptalk forums in the past. You may want to post over there (in the offroad section) or do a search to maybe get some more insight ideas on how to do it. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro