Stereo question

Got a 67 (12V) gonna put some subs and a amp in. Has the gennie, will the gennie be alright or not??

Reply to
Snowman

Use a capacitor, a 1F cap should work up to 500W.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
Snowman

I thought that 1F is up to about a 1000W. Years back in my 'wild' days :o) i was told to use .500 for about 500W. This however was not a beetle (dunno if it makes a diff) Be sure to use THICK wires for juse and ground. 25 mm is no extreme.

Roger

Reply to
bug '59

One amp driving both subs, or a dedicated amp for each?

You could use a bigger Cap to drive it all or you could have two 1F amps if you had 2 separate amps.

Jan

Snowman wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I don't know for sure if there's a difference between a bug and a modern car that would affect the function of the caps, but the beetle charging system IS weaker than that of a modern car, that much is known.. so it's only wise to play it safe and not blow monet on inadequate parts.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Hmmmm, come to think of it... When i changed cars back then, I blew a 13 mnd old Generator from a peugeot. (just out of the 12mnd warranty) I always thought a bad ground was the reason.... (I'm sure the ground was bad) Darn! 10 years later i've figured it out! :o) Thanks Jan.

Roger

Reply to
bug '59