TDI?

I recently got a new job and am looking to purchase a new, or used car to replace my 2002 Hyundai accent. I am looking for something good on gas (I will be driving about 1 hour each way), and some with good crash test ratings. I was thinking a Jetta TDI or some type of Subaru. I also want my car to handle well in the snow and be reliable. I would like to find a nice newer used, but am leery of purchasing a newer used (afraid i'll get a lemon)

Reply to
illusion123a

The cars we like are said to be unsafe at any speed. :)

Seriously, this is the vintage volkswagen group. Please go to rec.autos.makers.vw.watercooled or the Subaru newsgroup - those guys will steer you in the right direction.

Reply to
Remco

Who knew? I am looking to buy a 2002 Accent!

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

How about an old bus?............After I get it back together of course

Reply to
Dennis