Timing marks for engine code AS

Can anyone clarify what timing mark I should use for my 1600 type 2 engine code AS - I am getting a lot of conflicting info and cant find a
reference to the AS engine code. Is it 7.5 BTDC as seems to be fairly standard?
Add pictures here
āœ–

timing specifications are based on your distributor type/kind, not engine type or code...
Add pictures here
āœ–
Joey Tribiani wrote:

Right on!
Find the P/N for the distrib stamped in the side. Then go here: http://www.oldvolkshome.com/ignition.htm for all the timing info.
The engine case has nothing to do with it.
Speedy Jim http://www.nls.net/mp/volks/1
Add pictures here
āœ–
It is the 009 Distributor - I've just set it to 30* at 3500rpm and it sounds sweet and goes better than I can remember.
Thanks
Add pictures here
āœ–