type 1 clutch cable tube repair

has anyone here re-attached a type 1 clutch cable tube that has broken loose? How did you do it? I believe that the tube in my '68 has broken completely loose and is now suspended on the cable. I would like to know if I can repair this with just one re-attach point just forward of the shift lever. I just hate to cut two access holes in the tunnel if one will suffice. I plan to re-attach the tube to the left side of the tunnel using a u bolt or j bolt.Thanks.

Reply to
George