What a difference SVDA makes!

Wow. I just replaced my 009 with the SVDA on my T1 convert (1641 DP w/ progressive carb), and what a difference. That bog at low RPMs is almost dissappeard. I think I just have to tweek my mixture a bit more to get it gone entirely. Amazing how the 009 was considered the best way to go back when I rebuilt my engine (1995). Thanks to Aircooled.net for making this available. Having the Petronix give me peace of mind that I won't ever have to play around with points anymore. On an aside, there are 2 vacuum ports on the progressive, a large one and a small one. I used the small one for the vacuum advance, and left the large one plugged, and it seems to run right. Does this concur with others using the Progressive with a vac-advance distributor? Linus

Reply to
locke1064

Dad had a 69 Beetle I learned to drive on. I beat that poor bug unmercifully, loving every minute of it......

I am contemplating returning to mah roots.........

N00B to ramvw questions: Whatsa SVDA?

I know a pertronix is an ignition replacement for points

...and is a 1641DP ...the displacement of a ...WTF does DP stand for ?

Mark (AAAAA* founding member) Dunning

  • Americans Allied Against Acronym Abuse
Reply to
Mark Dunning

SVDA = Single Vacuum Double Advance Distributor with one vacuum connection

Dp = Dual port Heads with two inlet ports, look for the three piece inlet manifold with cast aluminium ends.

1641cc is the displacement of an engine with larger bolt on cylinders.

J.

Reply to
Berg