What type of bus bell housing to use for a engine test stand?

I am interested in building a engine test stand and like the idea of using a bus bell housing. I called around today and all I could find was a bell housing with 3 ribs. I haven't actually seen it or know anything about it. My question is for those that know about these is, will the 3 rib bell housing be suitable for a type 1 engine run/test stand? I don't want to drive 70 miles one way unless I know it will work. Thanks in advance.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Cross

3 Ribs good! 6 Ribs Baaaaaaaaaad! (Apologies to Geo Orwell)

Go buy the thing...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Thanks for the "Speedy" response. Guess I will be making a road trip tomorrow.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Cross