Will they fit?

Hey all. I was wondering if the front fenders off a later cabriolet will fit a 73 std. beetle. They don't have turn signal holes on the top, can I drill them there? I do not know if the fenders are from a super beetle, I would assume they are, since it's a later cabriolet they came from. Will they fit? Thanks! ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

NO!

Reply to
Speedy Jim

got a welder?

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Reply to
Anthony

If the later cabrio is a super, forget it. The shape of the front fenders is completely different. if not, you can easily drill holes for the turn lights. Man, you are not living in the Netherlands, right? I've looking for such fenders for months!

Ant

Anth> Hey all. I was wondering if the front fenders off a later cabriolet

Reply to
Ant

well these fenders are on ebay, but the seller will not ship out of the US! Sorry! They're in great shape too...take a look:

(the link is all one line...it just won't fit in my browser's text window right now) ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Just curious here ... where did you get that they are from a convertible? The eBay page doesn't mention that. An email from the seller? Those should fit a '73 standard. Also, as far as I know, German fenders would've always had the holes for the turn signals. I think it was the later Mexican Beetles that didn't have the signals on top of the fenders. Hmmm.

-- Scott

"Anthony" wrote

Scott H

well if they *are* from a late model cabriolet, then they would never fit the range of years the seller claims...i'd say by looking at them they are standard fenders...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue

Hmmmmmmmm...actually I got my info from an email from the seller. See I don't have the experience to see if they would fit by looking at them. That's why I posted here! ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

Should I get them anyway?!

Reply to
Anthony

"Anthony" wrote

Well, I guess that's your decision .... but you're outside the US, right? .... and the seller says US shipping only. Personally, I'd question whether they really are German fenders since they don't have the turn signal holes, unless someone `shaved' the signals and filled the holes.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H

Scott Makes a point.But According to a Long time VW body man that John Wllis and I know, They all came , for years, without holes because of the varying shapes of the holes. The body folks cut them the correct shape, location and size, using a template of sorts.

They well could be German fenders, If they are NOS repair fenders.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

No, I'm in the US. Someone else is not, who might have wanted them. I don't know if I'll get them...bidding just went up, but not by much. We'll see. ~Anthony

Reply to
Anthony

"MUADIB®" wrote

Thanks for that tidbit of info, that's good to know for future reference.

-- Scott

Reply to
Scott H