WTB: 58 Type 2 Decklid

Looking for a 58 type 2 decklid for bf's birthday present. I can't post on the vintage list or the type 2 list because he reads them so I'm hoping maybe you guys will be able to help me find one. If anyone has any ideas or has one! please let me know!

Thanks!

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn" 58 Panel Van "Selah"
Reply to
BugBum

HI Anna, the 58 deck lid is a tough find, for part of the year they still had the third brake light. I'm currently restoring a 58 as well and the original deck lid on mine does not have the light. Some say it's not original but I know for a fact it is. I'm guess that some time during that model year the discontinued the third light. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

Off the topic, I've got a bunch of post 67 Beetle body parts I am looking to get rid of "real cheap". Fenders, door, hoods. engine lids. Most rust free! So if you know anyone in BC looking for such have them contact me. Oh ya one more thing.. I'm looking for a pre 67 front hood (long hood) if any one has one to sell or trade for the parts I have..

Good luck with the engine lid Anna...

Hank

Reply to
R34

Yeah it's going to be a real pain in the ass to find. Our's is a early 58 too so it makes it even harder. I found one down in Portland but it's sort of rusty. We should compare notes on our buses.

I would try listing your stuff on the following sites:

1) Kaferkraft.ca has a classified site (Hey I'm biased it's my club) 2) Also forums.airspeedparts.com also has a classified section.

Both are home to local dub nuts.

-- Anna Vancouver Island, BC

65 Bahama Blue Bug "Bebe Jones" 79 Auto Westy "Avy" 58 Panel Van "Glenn"
Reply to
BugBum

i have one original 58 one rustfree, mine does not have the third brake light, it was out of a 58 italian combi i sold some times ago. maybe i can give this away. which is the value of this? can it be enough for exchange with a good used set of t2 deluxe bumper trim for a 63 samba i am restoring? Peppe

R34 wrote:

Reply to
PEPPE