wtb: heaterboxes for 71 bus

Looking for heaterboxes for 71 bus. Rusty ok but no holes.

Thanks snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
vic20owner

I thought they were identical to the '63 and up T1 bugs? Should be tons out there --- get the OEM ones with the aluminum jacket for a little added heat. The TIV engine wasn't used in US til '72.

Reply to
Wolfgang

Not sure if that will work..... the levers where the cables attach are different. The ETKA shows these for the 68-71 bus:

043 255 105 F left 043 255 106 F right and these for 63-74 bugs: 043 255 107 L left 043 255 108 L right But CIP1 shows: 043 255 107 D and 043 255 108 D as fitting 63-74 bug, 63-74 ghia. and 63-71 bus.....

Sure, if they are the same heater boxes and all you need to do is swap the levers with your old ones, things will be peachy. But if you don't have the existing levers......

Reply to
Karl

Even with holes they can be salvaged. Just cut some sheet metal patches and braze them over the holes. I also make split collars to go around where the pipe goes into and out of the sheet metal jacket.

An original jacket, even with covered with patches, is far better than the current replacement units.

George

Reply to
<Gmlyle

levers with your old

Correct, they are not the same. The levers are on top on the inside edge rather than the bottom on the outside edge. I have a set of '69 bug boxes which definately will not work. I suppose I could use them if I could find the correct levers.

Ideas?

Thanks,

-tom

Reply to