Latest threads in Volkswagen, hot (Aircooled)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bugspray Parts
Hi Group. In search of parts for Holley 2100 Bugspray carb. I've found a source for rebuild kits but still need a good 12 Volt Choke element. I got an older carb to rebuild and fool around with so if...
1
1

Re: Trip to the Mexico border... OT The Real Thing
Check local Mexican groceries. They often have it. Our local Hyvee supermarket also had it for a short period of time. It can be imported here but often isn't because of the extra cost versus...
6
6

Front end work
My 79 convertible has a bad shimmy on the highway, so....I'm doing a complete front end rebuild. Is there a company that makes an entire kit with all the bushings and other such goodies that I need? I...
7
7

Re: Question re: Oil light on 74 Std. Bug
Sounds perfectly normal when driving in hot weather. What oil viscosity are you using? A thinner multi-weight (10/40) may keep the oil pressure up, and the light off. I run that in my Bug here in the...
1
1

Question re: Oil light on 74 Std. Bug
Hi all, Took the bug out today (about 85 degrees in PA). We were driving at a good clip for about 15 minutes or so and the red oil light came on. Oil pressure was reading about 25 (a bit lower than...
8
8

Window Cooler needed
Ok,, So I got off my lazy behind, and got a real job. Now I have to commute, 30 miles up hill both ways in the snow bare foot... Really, it is 30 miles, but its in the central Valley of California...
13
13

Should have ordered reverse!
Next - did y'all know I've been running my new car without reverse _all this time_? It's a bitch, I tell ya! Shoulda ordered a reverse gear. :) Seriously, I'm still contemplating how I can get at the...
3
3

Alternators and Speedy Jim again
Speedy Jim helped me with my most recent dim-witted alternator question. It works now, Jim. All is well. Thank you! But the point that was interesting was that with my setup, the alternator will not...
2
2

Re: ? for speedy jim (or anyone else who can answer faster than him)
alternator.......snip
30
30

Re: Shaggie's helmet?

2
2

Re: OT: anybody airbrush?
The dash, inside edges of the doors, horn button and gas tank. Will have to clean the car up a bit and take some new pictures. Damn, almost forgot the airbrushed ghost flames on the running boards and...
7
7

Bus Rear Vent Window
I've a 76 westfalia camper with a rear wing (vent) window that constantly leaks. It needs to be removed and cleaned up. HOW Do I Remove & Replace this Window ? Thanks in advance...
3
3

Re: Looking for a classic car. You have one??
You can start with
1
1

Re: Rivits in window scrapers, how to replace?
Thanks Ben, I kind of figured that, my real question involves what appears to be rivets holding them in place, and what tool to use to install them.

Porsche 911 into Split Bus
Attn all Aircooled Guru's, I've come to the place in my restoration where I'm considering buying an engine for my 59 kombi. Just for interest sake, does anyone know if a 911 flat 6 will fit into the...
19
19