2007 S60 CEM gone bad?

Hello All
I have a 2007 Volvo S60. The driver's side headlight went out. I replaced the bulb but no luck. When I was getting the oil changed I asked the shop to check it out.
It seems the CEM Central Electronics Module has gone bad. I am told that I must buy a new one from a dealer, at a cost of $794 and then have it reprogrammed, for another $230 to make this all work.
So does this all sound right to you all? Thanks in advance for your replies.
Regards Russ
On Tuesday, September 8, 2015 at 5:07:20 PM UTC-4, Russ wrote:

Alternatively: http://xemodex.com/us/product/central-electronic-module-for-volvo/
Long known as an excellent rebuilder of flakey Volvo electronic components.