Latest threads in Volvo automobilesshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2004 V70 Trouble with specs for parts
Tried to order brake pads but no luck. When attempting to order parts we are asked Make? ³Volvo², Model? ³V70², year? ³2004², Engine? ³Not Shown². The 2.5T - B5254T Does not come up for the...

Largest Tire size for 17² Rims on a 2004 V70
Replacing the stock tires on a 2004 V70 2.5T B5254T engine. The current tire is a Pirelli P6 P235/45R 17 94V m+s. I would like more height, maybe P235/55R, 65R, 75R or P245/45R, 55R, 65R, 75R. The...
1
1

Well, the old gal finally let me down...
She refused to start last night. In all fairness, she gave me plenty of warning... Wouldn't catch second click, start then stall, etc. for the last day or so, but I ignored it. Just to teach me a...
13
13

'87 740 gle compressor replacement cost?
thanks for all those who replied to my initial question about a missing v-belt for the compressor. so when i went to check the compressor to see if it turned by hand, and lo and behold, it didn't....
4
4

1997 960 antenna.
Has anyone replaced the electric antenna on a 1997 960? The motor works, but the antenna does not go up or down. Thanks. bf

Exhaust Stud Treatment?
I'm replacing a couple broken exhaust manifold studs in my '84 240T, and I'm wondering if I need to treat the studs with anything before putting them in. The crushed nuts have a nice locking...
7
7

960 heater vent selction
Hi, Apologies if this has been posted before, I looked, but couldn't find! My 960 will not select the blower vent position, it's stuck blowing in the footwell, and won't change when the selector knob...
3
3

Osram Silverstars?
Does anyone have experience with the "55W Ultra High Efficacy Plus 50" halogens? My S70 stock lights just don't seem bright enough for me anymore. I'd rather not fiddle with HID lights, and I read...
2
2

Cost for radiator replacement
Hi- I checked the archives, but didn't see a clear answer to this, so... I have a 1993 Volvo 850 GLT Sedan (automatic). While driving in some hilly terrain today, I got a coolant light and the engine...
9
9

Volvo repair costs?
Hello, I'm a college student with a limited budget looking to buy a car for school. I'm currently trying to decide between an 88 or 91 Volvo Wagon and an early 90's Toyota Celica, both with about 150k...
14
14

WOW! e-Codes are amazing!
I had my e-code headlights in about 2 months, and have only been taking short night drives in a very dark and poorly lit rural city. I run the Narva 100W bulbs, lights precisely tuned. I could see the...
8
8

HELP! Steering wheel locked!
The steering wheel of my 1989 Volvo 440 locked today. It simply won't move, and as a result the ignition doesn't turn. Has anyone tried this before? What can I do?
5
5

Volvo Imboliser Reset
Hi, I woke up this morning and my 2000 Volvo S80 imbolizer activated. :( I have two keys for the car. I know one is the valet key and doesn't have the fancy full access fob. I don't know which key is...
3
3

240 rear end ID
How does one tell if they have a limited slip differential? I've got two '82 models. One with 4 speed and the othe with auto trans. One of the differentials has what look like cooling fins on the...
1
1

$500 Volvo coupon for sale
FOR SALE, $500 certificate toward purchase or lease of any new Volvo. Certificate is valid with other offers, and is transferable. If you know anyone who is getting a new Volvo anyway, please let them...