230F 1991 shaky motor

does anybody know this phenomena? The motor was shaking and vibrating heavily just after it was started. The whole care was shaking. I have opened the bonnet to watch the motor. It was shaking just as it was running on 3 feet... I opened the trottle and the shaking stopped. I went for a smooth ride and couldn't detect anything wrong. The motor was spinning like a kitten. what has happened?

Reply to
Bluefox

Like you said; it probably ran on 3 feet... Have you checked the plugs and the cables? Was it very cold? The petrol-filter might be dirty?

Gert

Reply to
gert

I have seen this twice on B2xx engines, both times I think it was an intermittent head gasket leak. The logevity of the Engines combined with lack of corrosion inhibitor in the coolant can cause an intermittent channel between cylinder and cooling system.

Water gradually leaks in under certain conditions (temp / standing time) and then seals up when the engine starts, the plug is wet and won't spark until it dries a little.

If you leave it too long it can form a larger leak which intermittently dumps the entire coolant into the cylinder under the induction stroke and the engine will overheat very quickly.

I would advise that I am guessing a little, and am in the process of doing this on my 940 Turbo, although it also had other problems, it did have this symptom. The fix is a head skim and new head gasket.

-- Tony Stanley

Reply to
Tony Stanley

Reply to