740 Heated seats

The cold weather is setting in with a vengeance now and I would very much like it if I could get my heated seats to work (haven't worked for years but never felt the need for them before - must be getting old). The switches light up and the fuses are OK, so I guess it's either the heating elements or the thermostats.

I pulled one of the thermostats off and bench tested it, and it seemed to work but the contact kept bouncing on and off even though there was very little heat around. I considered fitting a relay instead of a thermostat (working on the principle that if the seat gets too hot, my own thermostat would tend to make me press the off switch!)

Anyone got any experience with these things which could point me in the right direction?

Steve

Reply to
Steve Shuttleworth

Try replacing the thermostat or using the later thermal cut-out (looks like a relay). Check that the elements are OK.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

is an example, not so expensive either.

Many years ago i used the type on my 142, worked really good. I simply fitted it betveen a seat cover and the seat. This made it really effective since the fabric in the cover was not so heavy.

/aw

Reply to
Anders Wiklund