850 Mirror WANTED - Australia

I am trying to find a used left hand mirror, in good condition to suit my Volvo 850SE wagon. Situated in Adelaide, South Australia so heated model not required.

Reply to
John Withall

Most glass shops 'round here (east coast of Canada) will cut a piece of mirror to fit perfectly, even with the bevelled edges, for a fraction of the co$t of a replacement part.

KB

Reply to
K Bourke

John

I did this this when I broke mine. The cost was about $25 from a local mirror place in Western Sydney (Australia). The Volvo replacement cost was somewhere around $150-ish. Just so long as you have the plastic backing plate, which you remove by grabbing by the inside edge and pulling outwards. Take that along as a template.

That is unless the entire mirror fitting has been totalled :-((

Regards Barry

Reply to
Barry Leslie

Try Clarkson's Glass on Port Road Woodville I get coach mirrors cut there all the time. this is providing that the body is OK and be careful removing the old glass and stick on with something like silicone I use a polyurethane called sikaflex its better.

Good luck Joe

Reply to
Joe

The mirror has been totalled. The glass is the only piece not broken. John Withall. Australia

Reply to
John Withall