'91 Volvo 740 chassis number

Hi,

How do I tell the difference between a "516457" and "516458" chassis on a '91 Volvo 740?

I'm trying to shop for a replacement tail light lens online, but don't know which one to get. One site said the number is on the doorpost, but the only thing there is a sticker saying to get the airbag serviced by a certain date.

Could it be somewhere in the VIN number?

Thank you.

Reply to
Dave

it's the last 6 of your vin......below 516457 uses 1 part or above 516457 uses the other.

Reply to
Brian V

You should quote the VIN in full (all 17 digits) when ordering parts. Some parts suppliers go by the Model Year as the significant number but it is in the VIN anyway. The numbers you quote are not chassis numbers and have no relevance to part numbers. There is only one chassis number which is the last six digits of the VIN and there is only one per car.

All the best, Peter.

700/900/90 Register Keeper, Volvo Owners Club (UK).
Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

Regards Per Hauge

"Peter K L Milnes" skrev i en meddelelse news:dmg6e8$5lh$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...