940 Headlights

Hi again group.

Q. My '96 940 estate 2.3 lpt has a problem with da headlights.There a bit dim and yellow. I've seen that the reflector has worn out on the upper side ( too much heat from the H4 bulbs in 10 years) so the reflection is'nt like it used to be.

Hope the solution is a replacement reflector (on both lamps),Seen there are clips on the glass, hopeful.

Took my voltmeter and between the battery and the lamp is 1.1V across.Think it's too much.

Any experiences? Typical values ? Bad relay contacts ?

Found grounding leads on both ends,the same corrosion no actual resistance,think i have to follow the complete circuit trough.

Any answers, thx in advance, Hans.

Reply to
Hans de Koster

oops 3 times

Reply to
Hans de Koster

We will overlook that this time Hans. The problem with dimming with age is generally down to the wiring to the lamps from the relay. It would be OK to replace all of the wiring in the lighting path with heavier duty cable to minimise "voltage drop" and also give the relay a thorough check for high resistance connections (both to the relay and inside the relay). The headlamp connections themselves can also be problematic with contact resistance.

Reply to
Peter K L Milnes

"Peter K L Milnes" schreef in bericht news:dqc6g7$8sc$ snipped-for-privacy@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

Well, thx, but i didn't check the relay yet. Felt only by hand that it becomes warm. Warm relays aren't good. 'Cause both are not really like new,but the same in color,it must be the feeding power cable. Hence the plus circuitry.

Have 2 follow the lead......... Hans.

Reply to
Hans de Koster