Paint care tip...

Was looking for something to give the 960 a good cleaning and polish and found Meguier's ColorX at wallyworld. I have always had good luck with anything with the Meguier's name on it so gave it a try. Seems to work really nice. Covers/disguises/gets rid of most swirl marks and leave a smooth, strong shine. Although it can be used by hand, it worked really well with my Sears random orbital car buffer (the large, black sort of thing with the 10" round head that takes the terry bonnets). Did the roof and hood and used only about 20% or less of the bottle. Call me in six months or so and I will let you know i it stood up to out summer heat and sun. For about $7 it seems like a great product. __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

Try the PlastX if you own a car with ~4-5 year old jewel type head or tail lights (Think VW Golf, BMW's, Most new cars... not your 960, but I used it on ours, makes the lenses a little less yellow...)... I used it on my Golf, and it took the white haze off my lenses from years of cleaning them - this improves light output at night, as more light can pass through the lenz.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Reply to
mw156

Thanks for the positive comment. Much appreciated.

I have now finished the hood, roof and driver's side of the car, and it really looks great now. ColorX really is great stuff. __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.

Hey, no problem. You're welcome and nice to hear it's looking good. I'm going to pick some up this weekend and will be doing a few sections at a time, much like yourself.

Reply to
mw156

If I didn't mention it, the stuff goes on really great with a random orbit waxer (the large one with the terry bonnet). I sprayed the clean bonnet with a LITTLE water to moisten it and put some product on the bonnet. A large sized, double "S" is enough to do an area about the size of a door. I was suprised at how far it goes (coverage-wise). There are some good general tips at the Meguier's website. One bottle should easily do a car twice with a good amount left over. __ __ Randy & \ \/ /alerie's \__/olvo '93 960 Estate

Reply to
Randy G.