S90 / V90 / 960 instrument cluster removal

HI

1995 965. I need to feed a speed-proportional pulsed signal to a VDO navigation system. It sure looks as though the speedometer has several outputs that will suit this need. The question is, how do I pull the instrument cluster? This is a 1995 960, it does NOT have the two small cover-plates hiding retaining screws. Are the screws behind the wood veneer? Apparently the wood veneer is very fragile, I don't want to break it. Any resources on the web, similar to
but for after the 1995 redesign? Alternatively, is there somewhere else I can get this feed?

cheers.

Reply to
Ted

Don't work so hard. There's a speed signal going to the radio (to turn up the volume as speed increases.) The speed signal wire is black-yellow and goes into to pin 7 on the 10 pin connector (That is the 3rd pin from the left side of the radio on the lower row)

Reply to
Mike F

awesome! thanks! My wiring diagrams show about 5-6 connections to the speedometer, which I figured were feeding speed proportionate signals to other items. But I'm not comfortable tapping into a wire feeding a signal to the ABS or the AT. I'm willing to risk losing the automatic adjustment of the volume, though.

Plus it's much easier to yank out the stereo than to undertake a dashboard adventure.

This board is much better than Brickboard, where 3/4 of my questions go unanswered.

Mike F wrote:

Reply to
Ted