Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Can't hurt to ask, right ??
It can't hurt to ask ... I have a 1999 Beetle I want to trade for a bus .. The beetle has a lot of extras including $5,000 worth of wheels [dubs, floaters]
4
4

Dead or Alive?????
Has by some strange miracle everybody's VWs started running? Seems like an eon since a new post came up.
5
5

99 Beetle and Aristocrat VW
I was having an overheating problem on my 99 Beetle. Wouldn't you just know it ?? The first water-cooled VW I have ever owned has an overheating problem. I posted about it earlier -- a few months ago...
3
3

F/S 85 Diesel Golf $3500
Not mine it belongs to a very nice guy that likes to fix his cars till there is nothing more to fix then sell them to start over on the next car. The engine was rebuilt including new injection pump,...
4
4

96 Mk3 Golf alarm not responding to fob (car immobilized)
Hi guys, Bit stuck here.. (literally).. my VW is immobilized I can't turn off the alarm. It's not responding to the remote, and AFAIK that's the only way to activate/de-activate the alarm. [I have...
1
1

Trade it or keep it???
No, I ain't talkin bout the wife :) Seriously, 2005 Passat TDI GL auto 41000 miles, like brand new inside and out. Warranty is about done and I don't want, nor can I afford any major repair bills. I...
19
19

'90 Golf exhaust ball joint, spring? Leaking
Hi, My '90 Golf has the original downpipe and cat converter. The ball joint between the downpipe and cat converter is loose and making a lot of noise. I've replaced the insides of the ball joint and...
2
2

big mirror for door panel?
Hey, I caught this clip on the news last night and have been searching the net since but with no luck. A little off topic except it would be handy for a caddy with a cap/camper... It was the Los...

Two partial Sciroccos up for grabs
I've got three 1987 16V Scirocco's here. The "black one" I'm driving and restoring. It's not "up for grabs." But there's two red ones... The "red" was on the road until fall 2007 when it developed a...

Window regulator
Hi All, Would anyone care to recommend a good source for a replacement power window regulator for an A3 2.0L Jetta? VW's list price is about $115, I can order a Meyle replacement online for $48 +...
3
3

86 Vanagon Coolant light?
My Cousin was given a 86 Vanagon by a friend who was leaving the country. He wants to use it but there are a few issues before he can get it smogged and transferred to he name. He asked to help him...
7
7

2001 New Beetle 2.0L Gas Timing Belt
My wife has a 2001 New Beetle 2.0L gas engine and I'm wondering what the timing belt recommendation is? The owners manual says "Check Timing belt for each maintenance starting at 60K miles through...
8
8

END YOUR FRUSTRATION-HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR GOLF SWING
One of the most important part of your game the mechanics of your =93Swing=94, can leave mortal man mystified and wondering =93what the heck=94. This book is a compilation of articles from some of the...
6
6

VW 1300 Citi Golf unleaded petrol?
Hi all I am interested to know if a 1994 VW Citi Golf with a 1300 petrol engine made in South Africa will run on unleaded petrol? I need to know as I am planning on buying this car for my son, and...
7
7

85 Jetta GLI Fuel Pump Relay - 4 or 5 terminals?
The fuel pump relay on my 85 Jetta GLI with CIS-E fuel injection has 4 terminals. However, the Bentley manual shows 5 terminals. The only 4 terminal fuel pump relay I could find in the schematics was...
2
2