Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

? Best Junkyard in Seattle area for VW Rabbit / Cabriolet
I'd like to find a junkyard to start getting some parts from. Seats / Vent Windows / etc. Does anyone know of a good one for rabbits and cabriolets ( mine is a 82 rabbit convertible ) in the Seattle...
3
3

VW GOLF question
1997 golf never did have an issue starting, today while at a stop sign , then when I went to go, a big buck, then stalled car. The car then would not start......not a gig....nothing whatsoever. light...
1
1

Engine Stuttering........
Trying to find some useful information about a problem my '95 Golf Sport has had for about it's whole life..... When it's raining out or after it has rained, anytime of the year, my motor will just...

Soda spilled on Beetle auto shifter?
About an ounce of Dr. Pepper got spilled on my 2000 Beetle's automatic shifter. After a few hours, I started having problems putting my car into reverse or drive. Apparently the shift solenoid was...
18
18

so lost, my lights won't work 82 rabbit convertible
Alright so i have a 1982 rabbit convertible when i first purchased it only a few lights would turn on, so i cleaned all the plugs in the fusebox and the ends that connect to the blubs and got most of...
2
2

Touchy 97 Jetta GL Trunk Lock...
My 1997 Jetta GL (automatic) has a touchy trunk lock. Most likely you're familiar with the way this lock works, but I'll recap for those of you who might need a refresher course. If the lock itself is...
1
1

98 passat climatronic air-con question.
Hi, When I start the car the display of the climatronic air-con flashes for a few seconds, which I believe indicates a fault with the air con. The garage that I go to have told me that in this case it...
1
1

FS: 1988 16v Turbo Scirocco -ebay listing-
Hi dubbers. I haven't been on here much over the last few years but I still lurk. Anyways, I'm selling my Turbo Scirocco and hope that it finds a nice new home for someone to take over the project...

diesel
Will some one tell me if a diesel out of a VW fox will fit on transaxle of a 1985 1992 jetta or golf
3
3

87 16V - Blown Head Gasket
Posted previously as 87 16V running rough. After finally running a compression, suspected that the head gasket was blown between 3 & 4 as the pressure was only 55 psi on both. This was proven true...
4
4

1993 Paint Color
What was the original "red" paint color for a 1993 Jetta - Mars red or Tornado red? Where can I get touchup paint for this color? Blair...
1
1

OEM VW parts catalogs for sale
I have the following OEM VW parts catalogs for sale on microfiche as well as the OEM CD ROM that the dealer is using (also covers Audi) as well. Drop me a line with any interest. Thanks, Joe....

VW Golf GTi M reg Clunks into 1st gear.
Hi, I have a Golf GTi Mreg Uk number plate, its the 2.0 8 valve. Does anybody, know, what would cause the 1st gear, to almost jump into gear? The other gears are fine. The clutch was replaced 5 months...
10
10

belt problems
I have recently been working on installing a g60 with complete harness out of a pasat into my 84 rabbit. I am having a hard time to figure out the pully required for the charger and alt. I have had to...

Brake grinding - 99 Jetts A3
The rear brake shoes grind during wet weather. Sounds like gravel in the drums. It clears up if I activate the brakes for 15 - 20 seconds, but recurs if it sits for an hour or so. No evidence of...
4
4