Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

2006 passat turbo diesel wagon with manual
Why cant I buy a 2006 passat turbo diesel wagon with a 5 speed manual in the USA (Texas) ? Why is VW such a stupid company ? I drove one of these all over Europe a couple of years ago (with the 1.9L)...
5
5

passat 1990 in-tank fuel pump
I have faulty pump. Power to it but no noise from it no fuel out of it. Checked output before filter in case it was blocked still nothing. Metered up pump moter it is open circuit suggesting it is...
1
1

Sump plug
This may seem a dumb question, but I cant find the oild drain plug on 1.4 single cam engine (mine is actually a Fabia, but I guess the new Polo is the same). Any help appreciated. Thanks Ian
1
1

Passenger Compartment air filter question for 2003 Golf
How often should you change the passenger compartment air filter on a 2003 VW Golf. These things are expensive! I was told every 3 years and also heard every 6 months and then also heard you never...
4
4

Expected life of Oxygen Sensor, 96 2.0L Golf
Just wondering what the expected life of the original oxygen sensor is for the 2 liter engines put in '96 golf. I am approaching 100,000miles and wondered if it made sense to replace it as a...
3
3

appx $$ 16v timing belt job
Does anyone have a ballpark idea of the price of a timing belt job on a 89 Jetta GLi 16v. They're suppose to be changed every 60k miles, right?? thanks! df
1
1

10000 mile service
We have a 2005 Passat TDI that is going for its 10,000 mile service and he dealer quoted $106.00 Does this sound like a good price? Seems mostly for the oil and filter change. With all the dealer...
6
6

2003 Jetta GLS
I'm new to the group so pls forgive mistakes. Just purchased '03 Jetta GLS automatic from CARMAX, very happy so far. Anyone have any experiences changing headlights? Need more light at night and would...
3
3

My heater won't switch to floor.
My heater won't switch to the floor. The vents and defrost and AC works. Its an 85 golf diesel. Is there anything else but the selector , like a cable off , or is it vacuumn controlled. Any ideas.
12
12

Bad New Beetle key causes theft deterant mode than airbag light?
Can a key that has been used 100% of the time go bad and cause the theft deterant mode to switch on causing the engine to cut off after being started then when it finally stays running the airbag...

95 VR6 Fuel Pump Questions
Car has been having some hard start issues but no hesitations, couple of stalls at idle very rarely. Today big problems! Car started in morning, then drove about 15 highway miles at about 80mph no...
6
6

Cold start problems in Passat 1.8T
We've had cold start and cold running problems (rough running, check engine light) for some time now and been to the dealer twice but it's still not fixed. The first time they "adjusted the computer"...
2
2

glow plugs--hard starting 94 jetta diesel
Hi My 94 jetta diesel is hard starting in the morning. I am in Canada and it's usually cold, but lately it has been mild and it is hard starting. It's like it just doesn't ketch to start. It would be...
9
9

Bleeding 22mm Master Cylinder ....
Doing brake job on the Scirocco 16v this weekend. Should I bleed the new master cyl. ON the car or off of it???? I have a Motive Power Bleeder to help, too. Anybody a pro at this??? Also, is there...

Where is ECU in '85 Golf?
Hi, Can anyone point me to where the ECU is on an '85 Golf? I've looked near the fuse box/relay panel and in the engine compartment. Bentley points to somewhere on the firewall, but nothing obvious in...
6
6