1992 VW Golf GL/GLS tail lights - Ottawa area

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone in the Ottawa, Canada, area might have some used or knows where I could get a tail light for my 1992 Golf cheap. I was parked in front of my friends place a few nights ago, and some stupid little s*** came by and smashed my driver side tail light. I looked long and hard and it had to be delibarate cause the side of the light wasnt broken and there was no other marks on the bumper or anything, so no one ran into me. I'm in school right now and dont have lots of money. If anyone knows where I could get some cheaper spark plug wires that would be awesome too, they are $90 at Canadian Tire :(

Love the Golf, but they should really start making the parts here, pricey buggers they are. It's a 1992 Golf GL Wolfsburg (yes the red one MustangBrad :))

Thanks in advance guys Peter

Reply to
Casius

I got a new taillight for a 91 Golf from an auto scrap yard for around 30 bucks... I'm sure I could have gotten one cheaper, but 30 was fine with me (60ish at a dealer I think).... My new taillight for my 1999.5 Golf was quite a bit more money (78 plus tax I seem to recall... not 100% sure), same deal as you... someone smashed it, I went to the dealer, it's not legal as far as I know to drive around without a taillight (even with tape over it), so I wanted one ASAP, didn't want to look around for a new Golf as a donor.

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Oh ya completely forgot about the scrap yard, thanks :)... I'm gonna have to look around, cause $150 for all those parts is pretty good, I'm sure it could all stand bein replaced anyway.

Thanks

Reply to
Casius

Reply to
Rob Guenther

I bought a tail light off ebay for 20 dollars. shipping like 5 dollars. its like brand new I see tail light on ebay all the time. You might be able to pick one up for 5 bucks.When you do a search on ebay type in "vw a2" cheapest way i know and im cheap LOL Cheers : Jeff

Reply to
FONATURE