Re: 2002 VW GOLF - Back Tail Lights

I would start with bulbs. They are cheap, or if you wish check for voltage at the bulb sockets.

My girlfriend has a 2002 VW Golf (auto) that recently had both of its > back tail lights go. The hazards work, the signals work, the brake > light works, but no tail lights. I checked the fuses, and they all > still look good. Does anyone have any insight as to what the problem > might be? I have ruled out the fact that both bulbs went out > simultaneously. Any info. would be greatly appreciated. > > -- > Posted using the
interface, at author's request> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards> Topic URL: >

Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: >

Woodchuck

I agree...start there.

I wouldn't spend too much time on looking at fuses because IIRC VW usually puts the left tail and left parking lamps on one circuit and the right tail and right parking lamps on another circuit. I doubt it's likely that both would go at once. I guess check the fuses just to make sure but I doubt that's it.

If none of the above work, then the headlamp switch. I don't know all the terminals on it (someone will have to chime in with that one in terms of what terminal does what) but to remove the switch, push in on it and turn it to the left. That will release it from the dash and you can pull it out to get at the connector on back and start electrical testing there.

Reply to
Matt B.

"pacella" wrote: > My girlfriend has a 2002 VW Golf (auto) that recently had both > of its back tail lights go. The hazards work, the signals > work, the brake light works, but no tail lights. I checked the > fuses, and they all still look good. Does anyone have any > insight as to what the problem might be? I have ruled out the > fact that both bulbs went out simultaneously. Any info. would > be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much...I?ll give it a shot and let you know what turns up!

Reply to
pacella