1993 MK3 Golf

I have got a 1993 MK3 Golf, it is idling at about 9000 revs and I thikn it should be idling a couple of thousand higher, can anyone give me any advice, also does anyone know where to download car manuals from, if it is possible???

Thanks in advance.

Ben.

Reply to
Ben Leedham

I hope you mean 900rpm and a couple hundred higher... 900rpm is approximately the idle speed of my 1991 A2 Golf, does the idle stay smooth? mine sure does, after it balances out... ot goes to 1100 first, then drops, then it might go back up then it will settle out. When the car is running for a while I can barely even feel the engine vibrations, at it will run at

Reply to
Rob Guenther

Ok then 900, but no it aint smooth, it vibrates alot, just wondering ifg I could do anything about it, if I get it up to a thousand then its fine, whilst driving it sweet but just idling there are vinrations.

Thanks.

Reply to
Ben Leedham

My car used to vibrate quite a bit, my friends made fun of it calling it the VW truck, or the pseudo-diesel and such. It was because it was a low KMs vehicle, and the engine just needed a good run. Put some injector cleaner in, drove it for 1000kms on the highway, and then it was a lot smoother.

Reply to
Rob Guenther