2001 Jetta - Grinding Sound w/ Engine

I am experiencing a grinding sound with increasing frequency that seems to be associated with the power steering. The sound seems to be at it's worst when turning left, but comes and goes when driving straight. The sound is tied to the acceleration of the engine, i.e. if I let off the gas, the grinding sound "decelerates" with the engine, so I don't think it's a wheel bearing as suggested in another post. I would start by checking the power steering fluid, but I can't find the resevoir! Any ideas?

Reply to
dnilsson

Look for a green cap near the coolant bottle. This information is in your owners manual... time to get it out!

Reply to
Woodchuck

I swear I looked thru the manual. Honest! All I found was a section about not keeping the wheel cranked over for more than 15 seconds. Thanks for the tip.

Reply to
dnilsson

Reply to
Rob Guenther