2002 jetta door pin removal

hello all.

I have purchased new oem door pins for my 2002.5 jetta glx and before I really force the old stock pins out I wanted to see if anyone knows whether the pins pull out or if they just unscrew. I have tried both with no success.

I, and I'm many others out there, have found myself in a world of hurt trying to "force" something that isn't meant to be. as you know, the plastic stock door pins are not the strongest plastics used.

my new pins do not look like they have any threading on the inside but I am not too sure. my 1996 jetta had pins that easily unscrewed but the 2002 jetta pins will not budge. I've damn near stripped my fingerprints trying.

Thanks in advance for any responses.

rybo

Reply to
rybo