2003 Golf - customizing automatic/ remote locking features - please help!

Fellow VW owners,

I own a 2003 Golf TDI, and I've heard that the remote and automatic locking functions can be customized according to driver preference. In my case, I would like to make two modifications to the default program.

First, I would like ALL the doors to unlock with the first push of the remote "unlock" symbol, instead of having to push it twice in succession.

Second, I would like the doors to automatically unlock with the removal of the key from the ignition.

I have read in a few different places that these alterations are possible at the VW dealer. Does anyone know if I can make these changes myself?

Thanks in advance,

Reply to
TDI-4

Yes they can be done but requires the VW scan tool or Ross-tech package. Stop by the dealer and try to ask one of the techs to do it for you and wave a $20 in his face!

Reply to
Woodchuck

Join

then find a fellow tdi'er in you area with a vagcom to make the simple changes. By he way the two locking/unlocking features were the first thing I did on my 99.5 tdi.

Reply to
Joe R