Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Rear Shocks
I had a sticking rear shock on my 85 Jetta GL 1.8L, so I ordered up a set of Sachs replacement shocks. They came without any rubber parts, and I discovered this at 9 at night in a borrowed garage, so...
3
3

Buy Your Dream Car, 2Day
Do you have following questions in your mind: If yes, Visit to find your reliable finance resource at simple, secure and lowest interest rate with fast approval. Just fill out simple online secure...
2
2

95 Jetta III Driver Door Lock
Okay so this is weird just happened yesterday my wife and I were running errands pulled into a parking garage put my key in the lock and turned and nothing is happening the door wont lock or unlock?...
1
1

T4 Gear Linkage coupling.
Hi all not posted on here for years ! I am replacing the bushing (socket) on my gear linkage. Its a 93 T4 2.4d How do you get the ball into the socket Can it be done with the linkage still in the van...
2
2

Strange Clarion radio behavior '98 Jetta
I just looked at a radio all already to re-enter code. The vehicle was lent out and when returned the radio came back with 1000 on the display. If you power it off and back on, it displays SAFE for a...
3
3

Looking for a 91-92 Idle air contro valve +
Hi there, I got a 91 VW that runs with out the Idle air control valve, it was someone elses project car that I got running. I was wondering if anyone new of a reputible place to get a used one with...

85 to 81 diesel transplant?
I have a 1981 Rabbit PU from which someone removed the diesel engine and replaced it with a gas engine. The wiring has been butchered, but the body is in great shape for northern NE. I'm considering...
3
3

question | 4 lugs rims on a 5 lug Jetta...
Okay this has probably been asked before... but imma ask anyways- i got 17" Motegi MR7's (4-lug)... but my jetta ('03) is a 5 lug... and to top it off... they dont have normal lug nuts... like look...
3
3

86 Golf Diesel Coolant warning light- what the normal range of temp. gauge.
What is the normal coolant temp gauge supposedly to be? My Golf has a gauge that looks like: (Left to right) white area, then two dots, temp symbol, then to more dots, then a slash line. My needle...
1
1

91 Golf exhaust leak & engine power
I went to get my car inspected a few days ago and it failed because of an exhaust leak (funny, it's passed the last 3 years without a problem). it is caused from the junction of two pipes between the...
2
2

Maximize Your Golf Potential
You have certain physical capabilities. If your pro tells you to make a 90 degree shoulder turn and you can't... what does he tell you next? I can tell you it's to make some kind of "compensation" in...

Rims - can you fit like the old EMPI 5 spoke rims on a Jetta
Hey all I don't know if this question has been asked before but can you fit like the old EMPI 5 spoke rims on a Jetta by chance?? Do they make a adapter? Mine is a 95' Jetta GL not lowered just stock.
2
2

86 Golf Diesel - Heating & Cooling vents
Can the interior heating, defrost and cooling vents be cleaned beyond normal reach? Lots of engine dust and very small debris coming out of vents occasionally. The car had not been run for a year when...
2
2

2000 Jetta GL - Coolant Leak
Hello All, As the subject line says, I have a 2000 Jetta GL - apparently with a coolant leak. It's not a bad one, I've had the coolant level low alert come on twice and both times I put some purified...
12
12

spokane mechanic?
folks: a spokane neighbor is looking for a shop or a mechanic who can rebuild an '87 westy mill or install a rebuild? would appreciate any tips & thanks. art, '82 westy