T4 Gear Linkage coupling.

Hi all

not posted on here for years !

I am replacing the bushing (socket) on my gear linkage.

Its a 93 T4 2.4d

How do you get the ball into the socket

Can it be done with the linkage still in the van ?

I have managed to get a G clamp on it, and am tightening it up, but its pushing the socket (bushing) out of the bracket.

I have give up for a bit - to see if I am doing it all wrong, and the linkage has to come out.

anyone done it ?

Ta

Rich

Reply to
Tricky

I personally install them on the car. A little silicone grease and careful squeeze with a channel lock pliers usually does the trick.

Reply to
Madesio

Thanks

just come in from doing it :)

I packed out the back with wooden blocks, so that the socket couldn't move - then with a LARGE leaver and a pivot, it popped in.

Its much easier when your not tired, and can think straight !

Rich

Reply to
Tricky