59k - ready for timing belt

I'm in Los Angeles, SF valley area. The dreaded time has finally arrived to change the timing belt for my 2000 5-spd tdi Golf.

Any ideas about a trusted mechanic. They want over 700 at the dealer.

Thanks,

RJF

Reply to
Jeffrey Foster

Owah! I was quoted $440 by my local dealer, a couple of weeks ago.

Reply to
Brian Running

Why not ask on the TDI Club website?

I am sure they have a list of shops in your area.

Reply to
Peter Parker

I was under the impression that the timing belt changing interval was either

40k miles or 80k miles depending on whether you have the older or newer tensioner... But what do I know, check your service manual cause I somehow doubt its 40k.
Reply to
notme

Reply to
Erik Dillenkofer