Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

novice silly, but what is the type of wrench to take off the starter on a passat (1990)
Not an allen wrench. Even found an elusive H9, and it's not that. I'm sure you're like gee, everyone that's ever worked on a VW knows it's a ______ ...but it's my first time with a VW! Pretty excited...
3
3

Anybody have anything to say about the Tiguan?
I've pretty much given up trying to find an affordable replacement for my old Passat wagon, so I've started looking at small SUVs and "crossovers" and will live with having to fold down the rear seats...
10
10

diesel passat 2002 - intermittent starting problem.
I use the car about once every 3 or 4 days and it starts fine from cold but having driven around for half an hour or so, then parked the car for an half an hour, turning the ignition lights up the...
2
2

2000 Passat - loud creaking noise
Hi, My V6 Passat recently started making a loud creaking/squeaking noise. It's coming from the front, behind the engine somewhere. It only happens when the car rocks front to back, as in stopping or...
2
2

Why's the new Jetta so cheap?
Loooking at the available compact wagons to replace my '02 Passat GLS wagon, the prices floored me. But, the new Jetta wagon comes in at just $21,000 for the base model. Looking at the features list,...
1
1

Golf 1.8 Mk III SE (same as GL.. ADZ engine) not starting.. help!!
This has happened at a bad time.. moving house.. no money...my trusty 1.8 Golf isn't starting... :( Running great until yesterday, returned to car after using in the day, it turned over but didn't...
15
15

04 Jetta Wagon 2.0 BEV
Cruise control won't maintain constant speed above 60 mph - it surges. New fuel filter; fuel pressure is 65 psi (4.5 bar) at 4K rpm; new plugs. I'm thinking coil pack? throttle body? Any help...
11
11

Re: Report: UAW hopeful it can unionize VW's Chattanooga plant
Well unions won't be happy untill they have destroyed ALL of America's businesses, even VW! Autoblog Sitemap
7
7

FREE Shipping on Tiki Torches! Up to 50% Discount on Curtain Rods, Outdoor Tiki Torches, Window Curtain Rods and drapery rods @ Backyard Bargain
Bargain Offer FREE Shipping on Tiki Torches! Up to 50% Discount on Curtain Rods, Outdoor Tiki Torches, Window Curtain Rods and drapery rods with attractive discounts 100% quality and other home...
1
1

Oil pressure problem
I've got the Bentley. I didn't find that section when I looked for it a while ago, but did just now. Thanks. - Bill "Bill Leary" wrote: I had a similar problem in my old '87 Golf. I figured it was...
9
9

95 Jetta Waterleak
I have a 95 Jetta. It accumulates rain water behind the driver's seat. I'm guessing that this may be due to a plugged up drain for the sunroof. What's the best way to clean it out? Thanks, Dave
7
7

1999 Eurovan Camper - Severe Hesitation
History: Vehicle sat in garage drained of water and waste, and clean, stabilized gasoline (full tank) and w/o batteries from November 30 to April 27. Batteries added and it started without difficulty....
7
7

2010 VW Golf TSI speedo exaggerates by 11.1% !
When GPS receiver showed 108 kph, speedo showed 120 kph, using original tyres.
2
2

1.8T: Slowly oscillating temp gauge
2002 Passat GLS wagon, 1.8T, automatic. Starting just this morning, the car warms up to the normal indicated 190F but from then on slowly drops to about 150F, slowly climbs back to 190F, and continues...
4
4

"Piggybacking" a car/pickup on the frame of a semi tractor
Will need to do this in the near future, not getting a lot of solid info from the drivers forums:) Link below gives some of the helpful and less than helpful comments: thanks gary
2
2