Latest threads in Volkswagen, everything elseshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

87 Van idle fluctuation
My van idle fluctuates between 1000 and 3100 RPM at idle. Starts after engine has warmed a bit. Occasionally, the prob disappears for awhile, but happens almost all the time. Any suggestions?
3
3

Luggage Cover for 86 Quantum Wagon
I have a mint condition, black luggage cover for my former 86VW Quantum ...doesnt fit my Passat wagon... if anyone is interested ... please email me... I'm in the New England region ...J

Jetta Alternator removal
99 Jetta 2.0 Trying to remove the alternator to check the voltage regulator brush. I removed both mounting bolts on the alternator per Haynes manual, but the thing won't budge. It's stuck, like I...
2
2

Hazard warning/ indicator
I posted this on the wrong forum! Hopefully those with water cooled VW's may be able to help. Dear All, I came across a thread which mentioned potential problems with hazard warning/ indicator on the...

power steering goes out in wet conditions
1994 VW Jetta Power steering goes out in wet conditions. I feel the steering wheel get tough to turn (I can still manuver the car). The belt is not slipping, fluid level is good. Is this just a matter...
12
12

New Rabbit TDI
Does VW have plans to bring back the TDI in the new Rabbit?
8
8

Creaky front end 2003 Jetta
My daughter called to say that her 2003 1.8T Jetta makes a squeaking or creaking sound when going over bumps. Naturally, it just went out of warranty. Any idea as to what is "most likely," on an 03...
6
6

Wheel Bearing Installer Tool info needed please
Looking to purchase one of these tools that also pulls the hub out of the bearing without having to pull the bearing carrier off of the VW/Audi. Also one that will not damage ABS components. Yeah I...
3
3

2002 Passat Reliability
I have a 2002 Passat 1.8 turbo, purchased new, with 50,000 miles. I read with alarm the April issue of Consumer Reports which indicates that VW is at the very bottom of the barrel when it comes to...
5
5

Changing struts
I have a 1984 VW Rabbit. I will be changing all 4 struts. I do have access to a spring compressor. Is one needed to change the struts on this car or can the strut assembly be changed without...
19
19

Fuel Problem in later golf diesel engine
I have an 81 truck that has a mid eighties golf diesel engine in it. YEsterday and today it just started cuting out on me randomly. Do you have any ideas as to what it could be? If this helps about a...
2
2

Polo CL rear speakers?
HI, I have a 1997 Polo CL (the 1.6 saloon version) and there are no speakers in the rear of the car. There are, however, holes in the rear parcel shelf. I can't quite tell what size of speaker is...

Passat
I've got a 1999 Passat 1.8t, I was driving down the highway this afternoon in the rain (going about 70-75) when the car lost all power to the wheels. I'm assuming the most likely problem is a CV joint...
1
1

VWs plans.
Volkswagen sells record 202,600 vehicles in Q1 in China Sales of Volkswagen vehicles rose 23 percent to a record 202,600 units in China in the first quarter this year, said sources with Volkswagen...
4
4

headlight problem
i have a 2003 Jetta TDI with 83,000 miles. i was driving the other night and both headlights went out but the high beams still worked and the dash lights and tails were still on. so i pulled over and...
1
1