85 Cabriolet emergency brake cables how dificult to change?

I just got new cables to replace the one broken and just replace both of them does anibody know how dificult are they to change? is it an all day thing or just a couple hr thing? somebody has a how to? happy thankgiving thanks spawn51

Reply to
spawn51

I did mine on an 81 rabbit convertible. As I remember it was an afternoon thing. I would recommend going ahead and replacing the rear brake shoes and repacking the rear wheel bearings at the same time since you are going to have all of that apart anyway to disconnect the old cable. Also as always when working with drum brakes only do one side at a time so that you can you the other side as a guide to put the disassembled side back together.

HTH Steve

Reply to
sehaare

Reply to
spawn51

It isn't that hard to do. What you may find the worst part is getting the nuts started on the cables up at the parking brake lever. Getting the old ones out is pretty simple, remove the nuts up there and then get under the car and pull them right out, stuff new cables right in. Not that bad really. Just make sure you secure the cables the same way it came from the factory.

Reply to
Pencilneck