Dash pop-out cup holders

I have a 2004 TDI and they have put the cup holders in the console, which is an awkward place for me. I see there is still a cover for where the older style dash mounted pop-out holders used to be, above the radio. I am wondering if anyone has installed one of these older cup holders in the new Jetta's? A friend of mine did the same thing with his Subaru, which has me wondering.

Reply to
porscheS4