Display on Passat

Hi, I have a 2001 Passat and the digital display broke on the dash. The display that shows mileage and what gear you are in and the temperature outside. It looks like the cold broke it because the display is spidered out. Anyway how much of a job is it to remove and replace the display? Do you go through the top of the dash, under it? Any ideas or help is appreciated! Mike

Reply to
Michael

You will need a whole new cluster...

expect about $500 for the part from VW.

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Whole darn thing, and VW offers them as exchange/rebuilt units.

Reply to
Woodchuck

Look on :

I found one for my 1996 Passat for $65.00 and it took all of 30 minutes to remove and install. Of course my mileage is now off but I know how fast I am going, etc.

Reply to
KARL HUNGUS