Hmm, I wonder what this could do?

I was looking over my engine this evening, on my 1986 Vanagon GL. I discovered a white wire with a female spade connector hanging loose by the power steering pump. There is another white wire with a female spade connector plugged into what appears to be a pressure switch on one of the fittings for the Power Steering pump. Does anyone know what this wire does, if it is essential? and is that were it goes? I am still waiting for my shop manual, but finding this wire loose makes me uncomfortable.

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
MCHuntley

Is it all white or does it have a colored stripe on it as well?

TBerk

It looks the same as the other wire plugged into the sensor. I plugged it in. It has made no noticable difference. I have heard it was some kind of Idle/Steering at full lock sensor. I will have to try and see how the van behaves with/without it plugged in.

Thanks, Matt

Reply to
MCHuntley