Master Keys with Remote Control

For those who helped me with my question about the Passat transmission history, THANK YOU. I did buy the car. It has NEVER had a timing belt done with 125K miles. Needless to say, that will happen tomorrow ! But may I ask another question? The three keys - 2 with remote locks and 1 valet - seem to be very expensive to replace. I did not get a tag with the key code on it for replacement purposes, so I am a little concerned about getting them made and the cost. Any sentiments from all you VW lovers - especially Passat people? Thanks, Marianne

Reply to
mjelley

Did check a while ago. It was some HK$2,000.- per Piece in HongKong or About Pound 150.- + tax :P in your Country/

"mjelley" ???????: snipped-for-privacy@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
Igel

You can check with these guys about a replacement key:

you give your VIN number to the Volkswagen dealer, he can give you the info about your key. When I bought my Passat, the dealer said it was about $250 to replace the key. Batteries last for over 3 years ( at least they did on mine). John

Reply to
John H