New Beetle Glove Box Problem

I have a stupid problem with my 99 GLS. The right chut got stuck inside the glove box and so I'm only using the left chut to hold the glove box front panel closed.

Is there a way to dismantle the front part of the glove box panel (the panel where the lock is located)?

Would the Haynes manual show you how to do this job?

Thanks

Reply to
nospam

wjcimbri

Yeah, and it costs like $335 plus installation because VW doesn't sell only the handle, but the whole glove box! My 98 is "patiently awaiting spare funds" for the same problem...

Greg

Reply to
l.snader

If I said it once I said it a million times, the chassis of my NB is good, but most of the items that pertain to the NB itself, I am not terribly impressed. I think I need to look at a website I know of. They sell used VW parts, here is the link,

wjcimbri