Passat electric window problem

passat salloon 2.0 auto M reg

the front left passenger window won't go down. If I take the inner panel off the door and press the window switch I can hear a small click, I've tried using one of the other switches from the car and the same thing occurs. I presume then that the switch is ok so the problem is the motor. Can't see or find any fault in the wiring. The manual says there could be a fault on the thermal cut-out but I don't know where this is. Anyone know? Also when it comes to removing the motor the procedure is to first remove the regulator, by first lowering the window so the regulator is visible through the aperture. How can I do this though when the motor won't work, is there a manual way to lower the window?

thanks for any help I'd like to check thoroughly because a new motor costs £131

Reply to
Bodhran