radio codes- 98 Jetta

I changed batteries, then entered the wrong code twice. Does anyone know if I have to disconnect the battery again or if just pulling the fuse will work?

I always transpose the code in my head over time and remember it wrong, now i've got vasiline on the connections and all...

Irv

98 Jetta

also 90 and 96 Jettas...

Reply to
IR

I think you just need to leave the power switched on for about 1 hour so you can re-enter the code correctly.

Write that code down somewhere like around the trunk in the spare tire!!! Or with the title of the car.

later, dave (One out of many daves)

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1

Aha, thanks, i kept d/c'ing the batt... I'm gonna save this info in the same place.

Irv

dave AKA vwdoc1 wrote:

Reply to
IR