Re: Toureg has landed in USA!

I myself am not too motivated by SUVs.

Same here, I still liked it though. Now I'm looking for something that is 7700 lb and needs hauling to convince me and the bank I need this car. Everything looked really good, I especially liked the useful feature that lowers the car by an inch if speeds are over 112 mph. Everything looked nice, but besides some off road features nothing spectacular from the Passat (as far as I could find). Didn't sit in the backseat, but that didn't look like it was made to seat passengers.

One of the better SUV's, but like most SUV's (and some cars) 90% useless. I'll wait for the Pheaton (actually Touran, but I don't think I can wait that long)

Reply to
Baudolino

Huh? The Phaeton and Touran are *quite* different cars!

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith

Yep, but I need a car for many different things, and a Phaeton and a Touran would do fine, better than the Touareg (maybe for the same price), and that was my point.

Reply to
Baudolino

I would think that a Phaeton plus a Touran are going to end up costing a lot more than a Touareg, no? The Phaeton alone is more expensive. (But maybe that's only over here, where the V8 will be smallest engine offered for the Phaeton IIRC.)

-- Mike Smith

Reply to
Mike Smith