Slamming in and out of 4Hi.

97 Blazer: There is a ten second delay going into and out of 4Hi and when it does go it makes a loud bang and feels like I just drove over a large chuck hole. Sounds like an expensive problem.

wrenden

Reply to
wrenden

Might be a sticky vacuum pump. Not sure but a good place to start looking.

Reply to
Pete

There is no vacum pump. Iit uses manifold vacum via a solenoid to route it to a vacum servo that disconects the front axle actuator. It can take several second to cyel sometime and you might check feed line for leaks. Also if it is push button 4x4, you could have a bad encoder motor that shifts Tcase too.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Well it's at the dealer now being diagnosed and I'm recharging my wallet; I'll re post what the damage is both mechanically and financial.

wrenden

Reply to
wrenden